The Omaha Public Power District has declared a Notification of Unusual Event (NOUE).
The FAA has issued the following directive, shutting down airspace over the plant:
FDC 1/6523 ZMP FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS FORT CALHOUN NUCLEAR POWER PLANT BLAIR,NE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. PURSUANT TO 14 CFR SECTION 91.137(A)(3) TEMPORARY FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS ARE IN EFFECT FOR FLOOD RELIEF EFFORTS WITHIN A 2 NAUTICAL MILE RADIUS OF 413113N/0960438W OR THE OMAHA /OVR/ VORTAC 316 DEGREE RADIAL AT 26.1 NAUTICAL MILES AT AND BELOW 3500 FEET MSL. NEBRASKA STATE PATROL, LT. FRANK PECK TELEPHONE 402-450-1867 IS IN CHARGE OF THE OPERATION. MINNEAPOLIS /ZMP/ ARTCC TELEPHONE 651-463-5580 IS THE FAA COORDINATION FACILITY.
- Location: Ft. Calhoun, NE (19 miles N of Omaha, NE) in Region IV
- Operator: Omaha Public Power District
- Operating License: Issued – 08/09/1973
- Renewed License: Issued – 11/04/2003
- License Expires: 08/09/2033
- Docket Number: 05000285
- Reactor Type: Pressurized Water Reactor
- Electrical Output: 500 MWe
- Reactor Vendor/Type: Combustion Engineering
- Containment Type: Dry, Ambient Pressure
Dr. Tom is a retired scientist who is now farming on the Big Island of Hawaii. He blogs at https://www.facebook.com/tcburnett 88,569 views | Print This Post